Below are general instructions on how to install a bare bulb in a projector.
Note: You should always refer to your User Manual and if in doubt engage the services of a qualified technician or service center.
Important: Projector Lamp Genie does NOT accept responsibility for incorrect installation of a lamp or bare bulb and does not provide any assurances as to the accuracy of these instructions for particular makes/models of projectors or rear-projection TV’s.
Please wear a pair of clean gloves or get a paper towel to handle the new bulb.
1. Unplug the projector.
2. Open the projector lamp housing to gain access to the old bulb.
3. Clean the dust off the socket area and make sure it is free of any debris.
4. Removed the lamp housing from the projector.
5. Unscrew the wires that are connected to your bare projector lamp and connector and remember the wiring of the strings.
6. Remove the retaining clip that is holding your old bare projector lamp in place.
7. Replace the old lamp with the new lamp and fasten the clip and two screws back into place.
You must do this without touching the bulb with your bare hands. Any amount of bodily/skin oil will cause performance problems.
First take a first look at your current projector lamp assembled in the plastic housing, so that you can visualize for yourself how easy installation will be.
Additional help can be found here: